So I have named it "Marie's box of happiness". What I'm going to do is fill it up with colored paper stars that have happy thoughts written on them. So I would write all sorts of things such as happy memories, funny moments, etc., simply things that make me smile. That way the box becomes something so much more special than just a plain Christmas decoration.
So I have written a mini guide on how to make little paper stars in case any of u were interested. Its just 10 easy steps (sounds like a lot of steps but its pretty quick).
2. Cut with scissors along the line and you should end up with something like this picture.
3. Then get one end and put it around the bottom as shown in the picture.
4. Then bring it through the loop in order to make a knot.
6. Then get the long strip from the bottom and fold it on top of the pentagon.
7. When you fold it over that edge, the strip should automatically show in what direction you should fold it next... keep folding it around the different edges. Make sure you don't fold it too tight, you want it semi-loose.
8. At the end put the final piece bellow a strip in order to keep it in place (you could also use glue if you would like), and then cut the extra strip.
10. Pop out each corner and you are left with a little 3-d star! Since my box is a box of happiness, I drew happy faces on all of mine :)
That was easy enough right? jajaja, well with practice you get really good at it. I decided to make it in all sorts of different colors.