The cookies were basically Double Chocolate Chunk cookies with a big delicious cherry in the center. It was as easy as just laying a cherry on top of the dough before baking. Done.
|1||pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker double Chocolate chunk cookie mix|
|1/4||cup vegetable Oil|
|1/4|| cup almonds, finely chopped (I prefer cookies without nuts, so I skipped these) |
|1||cup semi sweet chocolate chips (from 12-oz. bag)|
|1/4||cup whipping cream|
|36||maraschino cherries, from 2 jars, drained, pat dry|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in almonds.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place 1 cherry on each cookie.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
5. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream uncovered on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds; stir until smooth.
6. Spoon generous teaspoon on each cookie and spread over cookie. Allow chocolate to set until firmed; about 30 minutes.
I hope you try these cookies out! They were SOOOO easy and SOOOO tasty! I wish I made more because we already devoured them all :)