My takeaways from Fashion Week Panama

07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 00

As I said before, I had the most wonderful time attending Fashion Week Panama this year. I thought it would be fun to list 5 looks that I plan to take away from the runway shows and use in my everyday style!


These are the looks I would love to try:

1. Chajin Designs by Annie had a very tropical and colorful runway show. I really love the idea of using a colorful scarf to add pizazz to a simple straw hat:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 01 - Hat with scarves

2. I also really loved how Chajin Designs used colorful feathers as earrings! I especially love how she only used one large feather earring instead of two. I plan on buying some feathers and making the earrings myself:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 02 - Feather earring

3. Another look that I plan to steal is wearing "tembleques" in my hair. "Tembleques" are some really pretty beaded hair accessories that are used in Panama's traditional/typical dress. I love the idea of wearing them on any particular day:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 03 - Tembleques

4. The local designer Moises Sandoya presented an amazing ethnic inspired runway show. I plan on trying to copy the combination of ethnic patterned clothing in warm colors + feather details in my hair (of course not such HUGE feathers! haha) + rope accessories:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 04 - Ethnic outfits

5. Last but not least, I really enjoyed the monochromatic looks of Johanna Ortiz! The best thing about this look is that anyone could pull it off. Just wear a bunch of items (dress, shoes, and necklaces for example) all in the same color. She had bright red monochromatic looks:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 05 - Monochromatic (1)

As well as gold monochromatic looks:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 05 - Monochromatic (2)
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 05 - Monochromatic (3)

...and orange monochromatic looks:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 05 - Monochromatic (4)

And there you have it... this is how I plan to use runway looks as inspiration for my everyday style!

Do you ever wear outfits inspired by runway looks?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Of the above I liked the monochromatic looks, mostly because you can just go to your closet without having to buy anything else and  just put the look together.
    I didn't go to FWP - last time I went it was so disorganized I felt it was a waste of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like #4, though #5 seems pretty easily accessible and something I've been wanting to try... I like your last post too about utilizing the too-short shirt dress - I'll wear opaque tights and boots alot  - or leggings, to make something too short feel more covered ...that doesn't work so much in the heat though! I have a tunic kevin brought me from india and I've layered a longer skirt under it too and like how that turned out. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!