Attempt at a twisty ponytail

Sept 15 (1)
Sept 15 (2)
Sept 15 (3)
Sept 15 (4)
Sept 15 (5)
Today is the 14th day of my I Heart Shoes challenge! I'm loving how these pink pumps pop against the purple maxi dress!

When: Thursday September 15, 2011

What:
Maxi dress: Forever 21 (U.S.A.)
Black blazer: ? (Panama)
Black Nine West belt: TJ Maxx (U.S.A.)
Pink pumps: Christian Siriano for Payless (Panama)
Black Liz Claiborne purse: TJ Maxx (U.S.A.)
Earrings: Borrowed from my mom

Where:
Work + Laid back dinner and DVD date night with my boyfriend.

Comments:
Today I decided I wanted to do something different with my hair, so I went to my Hair-Inspiration bookmark folder and looked at all the hairstyles I had saved. Then I came upon this seemingly easy and pretty twisty ponytail a lo Blair Waldorf and decided to give it a try:
Sept 15 (6)
I almost managed to pull this hairdo perfectly, but not quite. The problem is that having lots and lots of layers in your hair makes ALL hairstyles messy and untamed. But you know what? I kind of like how it looks messy and untamed... it makes the ponytail sexier and more effortless.

If you want to give this hairstyle a try, just click HERE. Also, if you do try it, feel free to send me a pic of your hairdo-attempt at thejoyoffashion (at) hotmail (dot) com. I would love to see it!

Here are all the ways in which I've worn this purple maxi dress:
09 Sept 15

You May Also Like

1 comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!